WISER's popular Help Identify Chemical capability is now available
on the iOS platform. Identify and validate an unknown chemical
based on the following criteria:
- physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- the ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
- Use WISER's protective distance mapping feature on your iPhone or iPod touch. Visualize the areas likely to be affected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled or released on a live map. The Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook is the source of WISER's protective distance data.
WISER for iPhone/iPod touch now includes a fully featured implementation of Help Identify Chemical, allowing a user to identify a chemical using physical properties, signs/symptoms, categorization, NFPA placards, and transportation containers. For the first time, users can now save a help identify search for later recall and freely search the result list using any supported identifier.
Using a live map, visualize protective distance data for a given substance directly on your iPhone or iPod touch. Track both your current position and the location of a plotted protective distance area. Note that WISER must have permission to use location services to track your current location. The accuracy of this capability is affected by the capabilities of your device (note that not all iOS devices include a GPS).