WISER's popular Help Identify Chemical capability is now available
on the Android platform. Identify and validate an unknown chemical
based on the following criteria:
- physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- the ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
- Use WISER's protective distance mapping feature on your Android device. Visualize the areas likely to be affected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled or released on a live map. The Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook is the source of WISER's protective distance data.
WISER for Android now includes a fully featured implementation of Help Identify Chemical, allowing a user to identify a chemical using physical properties, signs/symptoms, categorization, NFPA placards, and transportation containers. Users can now save a help identify search for later recall and freely search the result list using any supported identifier.
Using a live map, visualize protective distance data for a given substance. Track both your current position and the location of a plotted protective distance area. The accuracy of this capability is affected by the capabilities of your device.