Take a quick look at what's included in this release:
- Sharing and collaboration is now available on all platforms.
- Share links to substances, substance data, protective distance maps, and reference documents.
- A public API is now available for third party integration.
- More than 60 new substances
- Various improvements to WISER search functionality to make it more accurate and flexible
- Protective distance improvements that include:
- UI updates across all platforms
- Improved support for locales outside of the US
- KML export updates
- PubChem data updates
- Many small updates and improvements
See more details below.
All platforms now provide the ability to share substances, substance data (e.g. Fire Fighting Procedures or Reactivities), protective distance maps, and reference documents. In addition, a public API is now available for third party integration.
To share from your device, select the share icon from the menu or tool bar. Then follow your device's instructions to share the link via an app (e.g. text message) or copy a link of the data to your clipboard. On WebWISER, copy the link from the menu or, in the case of more complex data (e.g. chemical reactivity and protective distance), select the appropriate "Copy Link" button.
Links can be shared from all platforms and opened directly on the iOS and Android platforms. If you don't have WISER installed on your device or are on the Windows platform, links will automatically be opened in WebWISER.
The public API is open, free to use, and is used to provide the sharing features noted above. Have questions? Please contact us.
The following substances have been added to WISER. New substances are chosen based on consumer demand and expert review. Expert review includes an analysis of the likelihood that a substance is encountered, the hazard the substance presents, and inputs from emergency responders, toxicologists, and medical personnel.
Have a substance in mind for the next version of WISER? Please contact us and let us know!
- Sodium chlorate
- Acetic anhydride
- Lead acetate
- Ammonium sulfate
- Phosphorous pentachloride
- Formic acid
- Ammonium formate
- Sodium dichromate
- Hydrogen iodide
- Ammonium hydroxide
- Calcium hydroxide
- Sodium acetate
- Sodium sulfate
- Acetyl chloride
- Phenylmagnesium chloride
- Potassuim chlorate
- Palladium, elemental
- Barium carbonate
- Barium sulfate
- Benzenesulfonyl chloride
- Isobutyl acetate
- Soduim thiosulfate
- p-Toluenesulfonic acid
- PCP (Phencyclidine)
- Sodium bisulfite
- Allyl chloride
- Boron trichloride
- Calcium hydride
- Tetramethylammonium hydroxide